Find out what is SMS Banking and different types of SMS Banking codes of each bank related to Public Sector and Private Banking in India…
SMS banking is a form of mobile banking that allows customers to access banking services and perform financial transactions using text messaging (SMS) on their mobile phones.
The customer needs to have a mobile phone number registered with their bank to use the service. Some common services offered through SMS banking include account balance inquiry, recent transaction history, bill payment, and fund transfer.
SMS banking is a convenient and secure way to access banking services, as it does not require internet connectivity or a smartphone. However, it is important to note that the availability of SMS banking services may vary by country and bank.
This article helps you guide more about the SMS banking features and how someone can initiate it for their mobile number for any branch. SMS Banking Codes used by different banks are below
SMS Banking Codes
SMS Banking Feature
Well we cannot categorize different Bank SMS codes each bank has made available through their SMS banking facility but below are some of the features that are generally available.
- Balance Inquiry: Customers can check their account balance by sending an SMS to their bank.
- Mini Statement: Customers can request a mini statement of their account to see their recent transactions.
- Bill Payments: Customers can pay their bills, such as utility bills, mobile phone bills, etc., using SMS banking.
How to Initiate SMS Banking for SBI, HDFC, ICICI and More?
There are a lot of different banking services like SBI, HDFC, ICICI and more but the process is almost the same for both offline and online for any users to initiate SMS banking for their number.
- Offline Method – Opt for SMS Banking from Branch Office of Bank:
- You can visit your nearest bank’s branch office
- Ask them for SMS banking registration or application form
- Fill the form with your registered mobile number to enable SMS banking to get it initiated.
- Online Method – Register for SMS Banking from Online
- Login to your bank’s net banking portal
- Then go to SMS banking section and click on enable or register
- Once done, enter your registered mobile number and enter the OTP received to confirm the mobile number to use for SMS banking.
How can I use SMS Banking?
SMS banking can be used to get updates or statements from banks without using online net banking or app service.
Is SMS Banking free?
Yes, most of the SMS banking is free for most of the banks.
What is the difference between mobile banking and SMS Banking?
Mobile banking is accessing your bank transactions and services through the mobile banking app from your Smartphone. Whereas SMS banking is using the same bank transactions or services options available through SMS codes.
What is the feature of SMS Banking?
A lot of Bank’s SMS banking features allow them to get their bank account statement, transaction history for last few transactions and available account balance and few more.