State Bank of India is one of the largest Indian banking services which is also spread widely across the country and in foreign nations as well. And it is a great decision if you have already opened up your banking account with the SBI because you will understand and get more benefits that you can avail of through their online banking service through online and from their Yono app as well.
But for new account openers in order to get all the benefits and services of net banking, they will first have to register for the online banking service which we will be first showing through this article.
In this article we will be going over the requirements that one needs to fulfill in order to register for the SBI net banking in the first place. Next we will go over the net banking registration and activation process from online without visiting the branch.
Once you have registered your account we will also walk you through the login, password forgot and username forgot guides to help you always stay alter with any of the account related issues and make most of the online banking service.
Requirements to Register for SBI
Before you go ahead and register yourself with the SBI net banking online service you need to fulfill below requirements to continue.
- Mobile number should be registered with the SBI account
- Your ATM card from SBI bank should be active
- You should not have applied for SBI online net banking through offline from any branch
Once you are confirmed that the above requirements are met then you can follow the below registration process.
SBI Net Banking Registration
The primary step anyone with a bank account in the State bank of India has to follow is to create their online account and you can follow the below steps that will guide you through the required process.
- Visit the www.onlinesbi.com official link from your browser and then click on the New User Registration/Activation button under the Personal Banking section
- Click on Ok for the popup that will appear on the screen for the New User Registration
- A new tab will open and then you have to select New User Registration from the drop down options and then click on next button
- On the User Driver Registration – New User page you will have to fill the below details and then click on the submit button
- Account Number: Enter your account number from your SBI passbook
- CIF Number: Find this number in your passbook
- Branch Code: Enter the IFSC code for your branch
- Country: Select your country from the drop down option
- Registered mobile number: Enter your registered mobile number
- Facility Required: Select from the drop down options
- Captcha Code should be entered as seen from the image
- Once you click on the submit button you need to select “I have my ATM card (Online registration without branch visit” option and then click on the submit button
- After that you need to enter your SBI ATM card details and then enter the captcha code, then click on submit button
- Then you can view the temporary username and you will be asked to create a temporary password for your account, then click on the submit button again
- Then you need to create a username of your choice, then select the checkbox to accept the terms and conditions after which click on the submit button again
- Lastly you will also be asked to create login password and profile password which are two different passwords along with all the verification details asked
- Finally click on the submit button and once the account is confirmed you can now start using your SBI Internet banking services in quick time.
SBI Net Banking Login
Now that you have your State Bank of India account setup with the online banking process, it is time for you to access the service and in order to do so you need to login first and those steps you can refer from the below.
- Open your browser and then go to the SBI online from onlinesbi.com
- Then select the Personal Banking and under this click on the Login option and after that click on Continue to Login option
- On the login page you will need to enter your username, password and the captcha code that you will see on the image
- Then simply click on the login button and you will now be able to access your account!
SBI Forgot Username – How to Retrieve
Setting up username is important because this is what you use as your login ID and if you have lost or forgotten your username then it might become difficult for you to get access of your account and that is why you need to check the below process to retrieve your username for SBI net banking online.
- First go to the onlinesbi.com website and then you need to click on the “Forgot Username” option that will redirect you to their form page
- On this page you will have to provide some of the bank account information to verify your process and below are the details as required
- CIF Number
- INB Registered Mobile Number
- Captcha from the image
- And then click on the submit button which will now send an OTP to your registered mobile number which you have to verify and confirm
- Finally upon successful OTP verification your username will now be sent back to your registered mobile number via SMS
SBI Net Banking Forgot Password Reset
SBI Online is the tool or the online net banking platform that we use to access their online banking services and precisely without the hold of the correct password you will not be able to access an account at any given instant which sometimes can be scary. But do not worry because the below method will help you quickly resolve this issue.
- Go to the onlinesbi.com official platform through which you need to click on the “Forgot Login Password” option
- And the next page you need to select from the drop-down “Forgot My Login Password” option and click on submit to continue
- Then you need to fill out the information asked on the next page related to your account which includes
- Account Number
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Captcha code as shown in the image and then click on the submit button at the bottom to continue
- You will now receive an OTP on your registered mobile number which you need to enter in the OTP and then click on confirm button to continue ahead
- Next you have to select one of the below options to reset your password
- Using ATM Card Details: Select this option ahead and you will need to provide your ATM card details such as card number, expiry date, and more to reset the password
- Using Profile Password: In this option, you will need to enter your SBI account profile password to retrieve and reset the password:.
- Without ATM Card And Profile Password: In case if both the above methods do not work then select this option where the password will either be able to “Reset your login password at the branch” or “Receive new login password by Post”
After confirming and following one of the one above methods you will be able to easily reset and retrieve SBI online banking password.