Discussing about process for National Insurance policy / customer ID mobile number and email id updation in online or offline and also we discuss about main uses of NICL policy updated customer contact details…
Always contact details in policy in National Insurance login should be valid ones. Any updation in policy, renewal notices and also claims status related messages/mails sent to mobile numbers and email id of customer.
A customer can update contact details in both offline and online process. Offline process is tiresome and time taking process. In contra Online process we can update contact details by using few simple steps and also it is very easy process. Let us discuss the both processes in detail.
National Insurance Policy Mobile Number & Email ID Updation Offline Process
In this process one has to reach nearest National Insurance Office and write a request letter with the policy number/Customer and mention Mobile Number , Email ID which to be updated in Policy/Customer ID. On receiving request concerned person will update the Mobile Number and Email id on the same day.
National Insurance Policy Mobile Number & Email ID Updation Online Process
- Visit the official website of National insurance company https://nationalinsurance.nic.co.in
- You will see home page. In the right side More option will be available. Click on it.
- It will open another screen. You can see Customer Login click on it. Two options will be displayed. Click on Second Option Update Contact details.
- Then Next screen will open. Enter Policy number in given field and enter captcha, click on submit.
- Name and Pin code should be entered in same page as per policy. Then click on submit.
- Then verify details screen will open showing the Mobile number and email Id given in the policy. Below that you can see mobile number a radio button, Email Id a radio button and for both mobile number and Email Id. you can select which one you can update. And you have an option to update details at only policy or Customer ID also. After selecting options click on Generate OTP.
- AN OTP will send to Mobile Number and Email ID or for Both according to your choice of updation. Enter OTP and click on Validate then Mobile Number and Email ID will be Updated.
- After Updation Print option will be shown. Click on it a PDF will download with Customer ID, Mobile number and Email ID which are all useful for Registering NIC Portal.
NICL Contact Details Updation Uses
- Main use of updated contact details is to contact policy holder from the insurance company for any issue.
- After Policy issue/ renewal of policy a message will sent to registered mobile number with policy number and expiry date of policy.
- same way After Policy issue/ renewal of policy a email will sent to registered Email ID with policy number and expiry date of policy and also softcopy of policy will be sent.
- Any endorsement done in policy those copy also will sent through mail.
- If a claim registered in policy claim number , claim status and after settlement claim settlement amount will sent to both Mobile number and Email id.
- Most important one is Policy renewal reminder will sent to mobile number as a message and to Email also.
If I have updated my contact details in Policy whether It will Updated in Customer ID Automatically?
No. We have to select whether customer contact details has to be updated in only policy level or Customer ID also.
Whether we can change customer address by using same process ?
No. We cant change address. We have to provide valid address proof to change address . So, we have to reach nearest office for changing address along with suitable document proof.
Whether the process of updating Email id and Mobile number for all types of policies is same ?
Yes, process of updating email ID and mobile number is same for all types of policies.