Do you have a pet and you use Petsmart regularly for shopping for your pet supplies from products for dogs, cats and any pet you have. Well, you should use them because they are spread across the USA with more than 1,650 stores and their online website makes it easy to shop for any customer like you who shops for pets from the comfort of their homes.
We all know that having a sales receipt or the order confirmation or sales details are important but except for them there are few more things that you need to consider before either exchanging or getting a refund for your product by returning it to Petsmart, that is by easily learning more about their return policy.
If you ever got a product from Petsmart but think that’s not the correct one or just want to return and get an exchange or else even a refund?
If yes, then you will find this article helpful as we help you understand more about the Petsmart return policy conditions and how you can return their products that you bought.
Petsmart Return Policy
Below are the conditions and the rules of Petsmart return policy that you need to ensure you follow to return their products.
- Product Return Date: Products may be returned with evidence of purchase within 60 days after the original purchase. (receipt, order confirmation, or packing slip).
- Product Condition and Packaging: Items must be returned with all attachments and tags attached, in their original packing and condition.
- Ineligible Items for Returns: Live animals, personalized products, unsealed food, treats, or litter are all examples of items that cannot be returned.
- Returning Product from Online Purchase: Customers are responsible for paying the return shipping fees if they choose to return an online item via mail.
- Refund Issue and Payment Confirmation: Unless the transaction was made with a gift card, in which case a merchandise credit will be given, refunds will be paid in the original mode of payment.
How to Return Petsmart Products
If you are aware of the Petsmart return policies, then it’s time for you to go ahead and follow the below steps to learn how to return your product from Petsmart.
- Bring the item, the receipt, and any supplemental items to the neighborhood PetSmart store.
- Your return will be processed by an employee of the store, who will also credit your original payment method with the refund.
- Print the return label by visiting the PetSmart website.
- Send the package to the address listed on the label, attach the label to it, and include the item and your receipt as well.
- The cost of return shipment is borne by the customer.
- PetSmart will give a refund to the original form of payment after receiving the returned item.
Can I return products from Petsmart after 60 days of purchase?
No, Customers only have up to 60 days from the date of purchase to return items with a proof of purchase.
Can I return items without a receipt from Petsmart?
PetSmart requires proof of purchase (receipt, order confirmation, or packing slip) for all returns.
Can I return opened food or litter from Petsmart?
No, opened food, treats, or litter cannot be returned due to safety concerns.
Can I get a refund if I paid with a gift card from Petsmart?
If a gift card was used to make the transaction, a product credit will be given in place of a refund.
What if I don’t have the original packaging from Petsmart?
It’s recommended to hold onto the packaging until you’re certain you’re retaining the item because it must be returned in its original state and packed.
Can I return an item to any PetSmart location?
Yes, all PetSmart locations allow for in-store returns.
Does PetSmart offer exchanges?
Yes, exchanges can be made at PetSmart either in person or by mail.
Are there any items that cannot be returned from Petsmart?
Yes, you cannot exchange or return live animals, personalized items, opened food, snacks, or litter.