Verizon provides two different types of device protection programs named Verizon Protect and Verizon Protect Home.
For your qualifying devices, such as smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, and other connected devices, these protection plans offer coverage and support. For certain devices, unlimited broken screen repairs are available with no deductible.
Verizon Phone Protection Plan
- The cost of repairing mechanical problems or unintentional damage is often covered by a phone protection plan.
- Additional coverage may be included in some protection plans, such as phone insurance that helps cover the cost of replacing your phone if it is lost or stolen.
Verizon Protection Plan Eligibility
- Most of the time, you have to sign up for the protection plan soon after buying or activating your gadget.
- Your gadget normally needs to be in good functioning order at the time of enrolment in a protection plan.
- Damage or problems from the past might not be covered by the plan.
Verizon Total Mobile Protection Plan
Verizon offers a Mobile protection plan called Total Mobile Protection (TMP) for customers who want to safeguard their smartphones.
- Your smartphone is protected by TMP from accidental damage, loss, theft, and post-warranty flaws.
- TMP enables you to make a claim and receive a replacement phone in the event that your phone is lost, stolen, or broken beyond repair.
- The plan gives you access to Tech Coach, a service that offers professional phone technical support.
- Depending on the device and plan you select, the exact cost may change.
Claim Limits for Verizon Mobile Protection Plan
- The coverage limit is the maximum sum that the protection plan will pay for a certain claim.
- When making a claim, you must pay a deductible out of cash.
- Typically, it is a set amount per claim.
- Example: if the deductible is $99, you would be responsible for paying $99 and the insurance would pay the balance of the qualified costs.
What does the Verizon protection Plan Cover?
- Covers accidental smartphone damage like drops, spills, and broken displays. If physical damage occurs to your device
- The security package could include coverage for lost or stolen gadgets.
- TMP frequently pays for issues that arise after the manufacturer’s warranty has run out.
- Depending on availability, the replacement gadget may be brand-new or certified-like-new.
Verizon Protection Plan Phone Number
- You can call 18009220204 to get in touch with Verizon customer support
- If you need help with your protection plan or have questions about their services.
How to Claim Verizon Protection Plan
- You must give the required details for the claim, including your account information, device information, and the claim’s justification.
- This may consist of a receipt as evidence of purchase, images of the damage, a theft police report, or other pertinent paperwork as requested.
- You will be responsible for paying the deductible sum indicated in your protection plan if one has one.
- Normally, this payment is made at the time the claim is submitted.
- Verizon will either supply a replacement device or make arrangements for repair services.
Verizon Wireless Protection Plan Claim Online
- Visit Verizon website to submit a claim.
- Tap Manage device and then specify stolen or damaged.
- Select “Lost, stolen,” then “Start a claim.”
Cell Phone Protection Plans Verizon vs Best Buy
Here’s a comparison chart of cell phone protection plans offered by Verizon and Best Buy protection
|Features||Verizon Total Mobile Protection||Best Buy Protection|
|Coverage||Accidental damage, theft, loss||Accidental damage|
|Device Eligibility||New and certified pre-owned||New and certified pre-owned|
|Premium||Monthly fee + deductible||One-time fee + deductible|
|Replacement Time||Next-day for most devices||Varies based on availability|
|International Coverage||Limited coverage||Not specified|
|Cancellation||Can be cancelled anytime||Prorated refund if cancelled within 30 days|
|Additional Benefits||Tech Coach support, backup and transfer assistance, security features||24/7 support, remote diagnostics, cloud storage|
How do I Get Tech Support from Verizon
- Call 8008374966, and a Verizon representative will put you in a priority queue to speak with a Tech Support Pro agent.
- Alternatively, the My Fios app allows you to speak with a Tech Support Pro agent right away over the phone.
How to remove Verizon protection plan
From the Add-ons and apps page in My Verizon, you can delete Verizon Mobile Protect at any time. You can also contact or go to a shop. Your monthly charge will be refunded in part.
How much does Verizon Mobile Protect cost
The monthly cost for Verizon Mobile Protect was normally between Thirteen dollars to seventeen dollars per device. This cost included insurance against unforeseen loss, theft, and damage. Each claim also included a deductible, which varied depending on the device.
How do I get same day delivery and setup?
When you buy a new device on Verizon.com, a Tech Instructor expert will deliver, activate, and set up your qualifying device on the same day.