Before we show you how you can check your score, first know that TransUnion CIBIL is an organization and an entity which gathers all the consumers loan, credit, payment and money related transaction which gives them a general behaviour example and statics allowing them to generate a score for each customer which is called as CIBIL score.
In simple words, every individual based on their payment choices, credit decisions and money pertains will be ranked and given a CIBIL score points which range up to 900 points.
What is CIBIL Score
In the sense, if the customer receives anything above 750 – 900 then they have high credit affinity where banks and loan facilities will be happy to lend credit to them, but in case if the CIBIL score for you is anywhere less than 750 or even worse then there are high chances that you will be rejected for any loans, emi or credit requests because loan facilities and banks would consider your CIBIL score as a baseline for approving those requests.
And the reason why someone like you should check your CIBIL score is before you try to apply for a home loan, want to buy something new on emi or need to request any credit facility for loan then the primary thing they would look for is what is your CIBIL score to be precise.
Someone with a good CIBIL score will be approved in no time but in case if the score is low or bad then you might be rejected which is why it is necessary before you apply for anything to check for your CIBIL score ahead.
How to Check CIBIL Score
Now that you know that the significance of CIBIL score is high in decisions pertaining to credit and loan for bank, loan facilities or borrowers then it is time for you to learn how to check your CIBIL score right? In the below guides we have shown you a few of the different methods which you use to check your score.
So through the CIBIL official website there are two ways you can check your score, the first one being the free where you will use your PAN card information and the second is a paid report which is more exclusive and informative as well. We will be discussing both the ways below.
How to Check CIBIL Score by PAN Card for Free Online
So this is the first method which is a free way where we make use of the PAN card information from the official website to check for the score, follow the below steps.
- First open the CIBIL official website from here https://www.cibil.com/ and then click on “Get Your CIBIL Score” button
- This will redirect you to their CIBIL Account create page where you will have to create your profile while filling all the required information asked below.
- Once all the details are filled click on Continue to Step 2 and on the next page you will need fill your personal information like Age, Gender, Address
- On the same page you will find an option to select Identity Proof where you can select PAN and below that enter your PAN card number
- Then click on “I Accept & Continue to Step 3” option which is “Verify your Identity” page where you will receive an OTP to your registered mobile number which you have to enter and click on continue button which will now complete your CIBIL membership.
CIBIL Consumer Login
- Go to CIBIL page from here https://myscore.cibil.com/ and then click on “Member Login” option from the top right corner
- After that you will need to login with your account username and password, then click enter which will give you access to your home page
- On your CIBIL account dashboard you can find your CIBIL Score on the left side with a bar and on the right it will show you where you stand
- In this way you can use your PAN card details or any other identity proof to check your CIBIL Score for free of cost from online easily.
Please note that it is always important to check your CIBIL score from the CIBIL official website, even though there are many third party services or websites that provide the same service there are high chances that they can be capturing your credit information and PAN card details as well.
How to Check CIBIL Score via Paid Membership
In case if you are wondering why someone should select the paid membership then you need to know that you will be able to download your CIBIL score report only once which is an important report for customers.
For a free account, it can be downloaded only once but for a paid membership, they can view and download reports multiple times based on the type of membership, and below we are going to show you how you can select a paid membership for CIBIL.
- Go to CIBIL Credit score official page from here https://www.cibil.com/creditscore/
- Then select the plan you like and click on the button which will redirect you to the account creation page once again where frst you need to enter all your personal information, then click on “Accept & Continue” option
- On the next page which is “Verify your Identity” enter OTP you will receive and click on continue button
- The final page would be the “Payment” page where you need to select the payment method and gateway to make your payment
- Once the payment is done you will receive a message the payment was successfully and the membership has been activated.
- Now simply go to your CIBIL account and check your CIBIL score or download reports any number of times.
How to Check CIBIL Score Offline ?
Previously CIBIL Score could be checked offline through their offsite but now it has been stopped allowing all users to make use of their online website to check their scores easily. So there is no method to check your CIBIL score offline.
Is it necessary to take CIBIL Paid membership?
I have seen many people asking this question whether it is a good idea or is it even necessary to take any paid membership for CIBIL, and the answer would be that it is important for customers who want to apply for loans, credits, and more to have a paid membership that allows them to constantly check their CIBIL score.
It is so because in cases where the score is low you will receive a credit summary allowing you to make changes in your credit lifestyle to improve your score moving forward. At the same time the paid membership has different features such as below.
- Unlimited access to CIBIL score and reports
- You will receive instant alerts
- Score simulator helps you identify score for what if situations
- Receive better loan offers based on your score
- Allows you to monitor your credit
What is a good CIBIL Score?
Any CIBIL score above 750+ is considered to be a good one where the customers with such score will be approved on different loans, credit requests without any issues.
What does NA & NH Stand for in CIBIL Score?
If you are new to credit or money borrowing then you do not need to worry because while checking your CIBIL Score it will either show NA or NH which basically means either you have no previous credit history or you have been inactive for the last couple of years.