Canadian Tire credit card stands out as a reliable choice for many Canadians. Whether you’re a new cardholder or have recently received a replacement, one crucial step is activating your card to ensure it’s ready for use.
In this guide, we will walk you through the process of activating your Canadian Tire credit card along with lock steps, and also we’ll address common questions, such as when to activate your card and what to do if you encounter any issues during the activation process.
Canadian Tire Credit Card Activation
You can activate your CTFS credit card with or without signing in by following the instructions mentioned below.
- First open the CTFS Credit Card activation page from ctfs.com/content/dash/en/public/card_activation.html
- Select either Activate without logging in or Sign in to Activate
- Let us proceed with Activate without logging in option and then click on Continue button
- If you know your PIN, click on I know my PIN option and click on Continue button
- Now you will be on the activation page for the Credit Card, here enter your credit card number and 3-digit Security Code
- Click on the Continue button, it will ask you to enter the OTP receive either on your registered mobile number or email address
- Enter the OTP and then click on confirm and continue button
- At last, it will ask you to click on the Activate button.
- Once done your Credit Card may activate instantly.
Read Also>>> Canadian Tire MasterCard Login
Canadian Tire Credit Card Phone Number
The following are the different numbers to call from within Canada and from overseas regarding to the services of CTFS credit card.
|Customer Service Helpline
|Overseas Calling Number
|Monday to Friday from 6AM to 10PM (EST)
Saturday 7AM to 8PM (EST)
Sunday 8AM to 8PM (EST)
I am facing an issue with CTFS credit card activation, What to do?
If you are facing issues with CTFS credit card activation, then call the Canadian Tire Bank credit card activation phone number at 1-800-465-2484. If you have any problems activating your card, you can contact Canadian Tire Bank customer service for assistance.
When should I activate my CTFS credit card after receiving it?
You must activate your card within 30 days of receiving it. If you do not activate your card within 30 days, it may result in cancelled.
Can I use my Canadian Tire credit card if not activated?
You will not able to use your card until it activates.
Canadian Tire Bank Credit Card Lock
Sometimes you may lose your Canadian Tire bank card which might cause issues because it can be used for transactions when you don’t have access or control over it. So Canadian Tire bank like any other or every bank has the option for their customers to hold their cards.
In order to lock your Canadian Tire bank card, you will need to hold your card which is Card Hold and it can be requested through your online account easily. Once your card is on hold, you can be assured that any activity on that card will be locked and hold.
How to Lock Canadian Tire Bank Credit Card
Once you have your bank account login details, then follow the below instructions to learn how to lock Canadian tire bank cards.
- Open the Canadian Tire bank official page from here https://www.ctfs.com/content/ctfs/en.html
- Then click on Sign in button and enter your username and password
- Next click on the Sign In button to login in to your Canadian Tire bank account.
- After that click on the Settings tab,
- On the left-hand side, under Card settings, click Card Hold.
- Toggle the Card Hold switch to the On position
- Click Submit.
What is a Canadian Tire Bank card lock?
The Canadian Tire Bank Card lock is a security feature that allows you to temporarily disable your credit card which disabled any activity on the card.
How do I know if my credit card is locked?
You can usually check the status of your credit card online under the CTFS official website under the Settings tab, on the left hand side under Card Settings.
Can I still use my credit card while it’s locked?
No, you cannot use your credit card while it is locked. If you need to make a purchase, you will need to unlock your card first.