If you are thinking that there is not much-required use with Walmart Money Card and wants to close your account, then you must know the process of different methods for How to cancel it.
But make sure that you can’t access your card after closing the account permanently. You just need to apply for a new one to access Walmart Money card features.
So follow the article till end to learn exact methods to close Walmart Money card using different ways like online portal, mobile app and followed by Customer Care Support.
Walmart Money Card Account Closure Process
Walmart Money card is a reloadable Prepaid card issued by Green Dot company. It is beneficial for the customers who frequently visit Walmart stores as they get cash back reward for every purchase made through Walmart.
But if you already an existing user of it and wants to cancel your account due to any reasons, you must required to follow these steps mentioned below.
- Completely spend your balance to $0
- If money is available in less amount, then simply make any purchases at walmart stores of walmart.com or also withdraw from ATM to make available balance zero.
- Pick up cash at Stores
- If available balance is greater than $23, then you need to pick the money from Walmart store. Go to cashier and tell him to make the balance zero by withdrawing money. It will charge you upto $5.
- Simply make a Refund Check before closing account
- Get a refund check for yourself and it will take upto 14 days after closing your account. Check will be directly sent to your address.
Note: After closing the account, you can view your account statements and transaction history but not have access to use card services.
Also, you can’t access the Walmart MoneyCard app but you can use the online portal for any reference. After successfully closing the balance, follow the methods to close your account mentioned below.
How much time does it take to close your Walmart Money card account?
It takes up to 7 to 14 business days to close your account permanently and to receive a refund check if you avail of a refund of your available balance before closing it.
Also Check: Walmart Money Card Transaction History
How to Cancel Walmart Money Card
You can follow the below steps to cancel your Walmart Money card account online. To do this just follow the steps given below
- Visit the official website of Walmart MoneyCard using walmartmoneycard.com
- Click on Log in
- Enter your User Id and Password and tap on login
- Go to the Account Management tab
- Select the My Card option
- Click on Close Your Account and also confirms the prompt of cancellation
- Your Walmart Money card will be closed
How to Cancel a Walmart Money Card through Mobile App
- Launch the Walmart MoneyCard app on your mobile
- Login to your account using your User ID and Password
- Go to the Settings tab
- Select the Manage Card option
- Tap on Close your account
- Confirms the cancellation prompt to close your account successfully.
Cancel a Walmart Money Card through Customer Care Support
- Contact customer care support of Walmart MoneyCard by calling on 8779374098
- Select Customer Care support by following the prompts
- Enter your 16 digit Card number or social security number for verification
- Provide you personal information like birth date
- Follow the prompts to cancel your account and also provide a valid reason for it
- It may cancel your Walmart MoneyCard account within a short time
So finally we discussed different possible methods to close your account offline as well as online. There may be a possibility to close the account by mailing them providing your details and reason for cancellation.
What happens If I cancel my Walmart account that has an available balance?
You can’t cancel or close your account despite having a balance in it. Walmart sends you a return message or mail that you have a balance and make it zero to close your account. So make sure that your account balance is zero or less than $1 before closing the account.
|Customer Care number
|Official Facebook Page
P.O. Box 1070, West Chester, OH 45071