Generation of an eWay Bill might sound simple but precisely it takes a considerable amount of time as it requires the GST registered users to fill a lot of information, but at times when the transport is cancelled or order is not moving or due to some other reason as well the eWay Bill might not be cancelled.
As you already know that this bill generated is for goods with a value of more than Rupees 50,000 and is for both the Interstate and Intra state transportation of the goods as well.
As per the GST Organization and the eWay Bill generation platform it is duly noted that there is no other way to either modify the bill generated or else at least edit the bill to change the time which is why it is best to cancel the bill in most cases of error. Through this article we will show you how to cancel the eWay Bill which you have recently generated.
eWay Bill Cancellation Requirements and Needs
One of the important aspects that every supplier and GST registered user needs to understand is about the requirements that need to be filled when someone can cancel their eWay Bill are.
- Only the registered person or the one who generated the Bill can cancel it
- If the goods transportation is missing on some goods or more then it can be cancelled
- If the goods allotted and the goods received has difference in small or large number then it can be cancelled
- If the goods transportation is cancelled before hand from the receive due to some reasons
Now that we understand the requirements needed to cancel the bill, follow through with the steps mentioned below that will help you to understand the process for eWay Bill cancellation.
eWay Bill Cancellation Process
- Firstly open the eWay Bill official website from here https://ewaybill.nic.in/, then click on the login button and then login to your account
- On the homepage from the left sidebar, click on the Cancel option under the eWay Bill menu directly
- After that in the next page you need to enter your eWay Bill number and then click on the go button
- Finally provide the reasons for the bill cancellation and then click on confirm button to cancel the eWay Bill.
- Can I cancel eWay Bill without the bill number?
No, in order to cancel the eWay Bill you need to have the bill number or else you won’t be able to cancel the bill.
- What is the limit to cancel the eWay Bill?
The Limit to cancel the eWay Bill for the supplier is the first 24 hours and for the receive is in between 24 hours to 72 hours.
- Can I cancel the eWay Bill after 24 or 72 hours?
The eWay bill can be canceled only before 24 hours of generation of the bill. It means if the time crosses more than 72 hours after generation of the eWay Bill then you will not be able to cancel it, but the receiver is able to cancel the bill between 24 hours to 72 hours from the time of the bill generation, and in this case, if the time crosses 72 hours then the receiver can not also cancel the bill.